Yes, at MediaSpark you get paid to play games!
Better yet, you are part of a team that designs, produces, and sells award-winning educational games and social networks that are used by people around the world.
Our products make a positive and lasting impact in people’s lives, from children to mature adults and multinational corporations. We are at the forefront of changing how the world learns.
Join our team and discover what it is like to love your work and be proud of bringing good things to the world.
Working at MediaSpark
Sure, you’ve got skills. You may even have a choice of careers. But, the company you decide to work with will play a primary role in defining the avenue for exercising your abilities and potential. Read on to see what MediaSpark has to offer and why we are so unique.
How to Apply
MediaSpark maintains an online database of potential job candidates. Our database is the first and only place we go to when seeking to hire new employees and contractors. We encourage you to post your resume to our database after you have reviewed the information below. Please note that our paperless system does not allow us to accept resumes sent by mail or email.
Culture and Work Environment
At MediaSpark, we work hard to nurture our corporate culture and create a positive work environment.
- Everyone in the company makes a difference, and has the authority to create change for the better.
- Our people work on a greater variety of interesting projects in a year than many do in a lifetime.
- We move fast and are always busy, but we don’t fly by the seat of our pants.
- We take our work seriously, while trying to maintain a stress-free environment.
- No drama. No office politics. No stupid rules.
- We care about our company, our team members, and our customers. Really, we do.
- Work hours are flexible (No set start times, breaks, or lunches).
- Dress code is casual (“Clothes are mandatory, style is optional”).
- Free Soft Drinks, Hot Beverages, and Fresh Fruit.
- Free Weekly Lunches.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Sick Time and Personal Development Days.
- Stock Options.
- Various other unique benefits.
MediaSpark is headquartered on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. If you’re looking for beauty and lifestyle, this is it.
Cape Breton has been identified (by Conde Nast Travel Magazine) as the world’s most beautiful Island. With a population base of 140,000, it is the third largest industrial area in the Atlantic Canada region. Cost of living is one of the lowest in North America.
In addition to its beauty and friendly and loyal people, Cape Breton has carved its place in history as the hub of telecommunications; a place where inventors like Alexander Graham Bell and Guglielmo Marconi called home. Did we mention that Cape Breton also offers one of the lowest costs of living in North America? Who says you can’t have it all.
Fitting in with us
Here is what you need to succeed at MediaSpark:
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- A passion for your work as a career and not just a job.
- Have a drive to succeed individually and as part of a team.
- In-depth experience using computers and the Internet.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Be respectful of others, particularly in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, both as the team leader and as a team member.
- The motivation to continually learn new things and apply and share your knowledge.
- Be comfortable in a job that is frequently self-directed and have the self-motivation to get the job done.
When responding to a job posting, in your cover letter you may want to identify how you match the above traits, as well as your experience in the specific areas of MediaSpark’s lines of business as described on our websites. Doing so will significantly increase your chances of making it to our short list.
You may apply online for any current or future job openings at MediaSpark by submitting a resume and cover letter using our online jobs system. This is the first place we go to when seeking to hire new employees and contractors. Please note that our paperless system does not allow us to accept resumes sent by mail or email.